Disaster. Disaster. Disaster. Unmitigated disaster.
No other word can describe the results of this past Saturday for your favorite BC Law Softball League squad, It’s Raining Mens Rea.
I don’t want to get into the details of what happened out there on the field. We have to move past it. All I can do is channel my inner Tebow and tell you this.
To the fans and everybody in Mens Rea Nation, I’m sorry. I’m extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season. That was my goal, something It’s Raining Mens Rea has never done here.
I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any player in the entire law school play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season.
You will never see a team play harder than we will the reason of the season.
Scores – Week 2
- 9 AM – Section 2 (16) – Section 1 (6)
- 10 AM – The Other Guys (7) – Section 3 (2)
- 11 AM – The Other Guys (10) – Lawyers, Guns, Money (8)
- 12 PM – Lawyers, Guns, Money (16) – Top Gunners (15)
- 1 PM – Hits Out For The Boys (10) – It’s Raining Mens Rea (9)
- 2 PM – Grimes County All-Stars (10) – It’s Raining Mens Rea (5)
- Grimes County All-Stars (3-0, +36 runs)
- The Other Guys (3-0, +8 runs)
- Hits Out For The Boys (2-1, +21 runs)
- Lawyers, Guns, Money (2-1, +7 runs)
- Section 2 (1-1, +2 runs)
- It’s Raining Mens Rea (1-2, +8 runs)
- Top Gunners (0-2, -10 runs)
- Section 1 (0-2, -18 runs)
- Section 3 (0-3, -48 runs) (still ouch)
As our run differential indicates, we are a better squad than our record reflects. Our situation reminds me of a recent situation involving a certain soon-to-be Super Bowl-champion football team that similarly began its season with some lackluster performances.
Don’t be like Trent Dilfer. We’re onto Lawyers, Guns, Money. See you next week.
Rob Rossi is a 3L at BC Law and a three-year veteran of the BC Law Softball League. He is also a current member of the Boston College Law Review‘s Executive Board and the former Chair of the Law Students Association Social Media & Communications Committee. Feel free to contact him with questions about his experience, BC Law, or law school in general. Comment here or send him an e-mail at email@example.com, and don’t forget to follow the Boston College Law Students Association on Twitter @BCLSA.