Last week, the updated US News and World Report law school rankings were released, and we wanted to take the opportunity to update the community on where Boston College fits in.
According to US News, we are the:
- 27th Overall Best Law School
- 14th Best Tax Program
- 27th Best Environmental Law Program
- 29th Best Legal Writing Program
Beyond US News, BC maintained high rankings from other outlets:
- Above the Law has us at 20th best overall law school (their new ranking comes out later this spring)
- Boston College Law Review is ranked 22nd
- National Law Journal places BC at 19th for “Go-To” schools for large firm hiring
- The Princeton Review has BC at 7th for best classroom experience and 8th for Best Professors
- The National Jurist/PreLaw Magazines give us an “A” in both Public Interest and International Law
A reminder to all prospective and admitted students out there: when deciding which law school is the right one, rankings are not everything. Far from it, in fact—pay attention to which school is the best fit for you. Any ranking is just one small piece of the bigger puzzle, which also includes faculty excellence and mentoring, strength of the career services office and alumni network, community feel, campus location, cost and aid, and how many Dunkin’ locations are within a three block radius. You get the idea.